DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL VALUE ANALYSIS SUPPLIES AND SERVICES Job - DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL VALUE ANALYSIS, SUPPLIES AND SERVICES
Location: BON SECOURS HEALTH SYSTEM OFFICE, MARRIOTTSVILLE, MD
Department: ERP:PERMANENT (OPERATING)
Requisition Number: 85762
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8:00AM :: 5:00PM
Exempt from Overtime: Yes
BON SECOURS HEALTH SYSTEM OFFICE :: MARYLAND
Under the direct supervision of the Vice President, Supply Chain Operations is accountable for the development and management of efficient and cost effective integrated systems of Sourcing/Contracting, Clinical Value Analysis and Recall Management to align with the strategic vision of Supply Chain leadership. This includes management, recruitment, training, and leadership of the Strategic Sourcing/Contracting team; management of system:wide Contracting process and portfolio; development, direction, and management of the Clinical Value Analysis program and support resources, including outsourced or employed staff across BSHSI; management of strategic supplier relationships; and direction and management of an effective, highly reliable Recall process and program. Identifies and executes supply standardization, utilization, and sourcing opportunities while ensuring a high level of patient care. Closely coordinate the CVA efforts with the leadership of the Clinical Transformation and ConnectCare activities to insure that product selection and standardization decisions are aligned with and support clinical care improvement efforts. Works closely with the Supply Chain leadership team to insure that the input of physicians and clinicians is effectively incorporated into the contract development process and that the organizations sourcing strategy is supported through these efforts. Responsible for setting and measuring performance management goals for quality and cost savings regarding Sourcing and Contracting for all supplies and services and the Clinical Value Analysis process. Works closely with the GPO to ensure maximum benefit of all GPO contracts and services. Represents company on GPO Clinical Steering Committees. The Director is a critical leader within Supply Chain and carries a high profile within BSHSI as a leadership sponsor of non:salary expense management efforts for Clinical Supply/Services.
Any combination of EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Desired qualifications:
1. Minimum of 10 years of progressive management experience in a combination of Clinical Services Management with direct Clinical Value Analysis experience and supply chain management processes. Also cost management, consulting and/or systems development experience required.
2. Bachelors degree in business, healthcare administration or a health care related field; and an MBA or advanced Clinical Service degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent training and experience in Healthcare Management in a major Clinical Services area
3. Experience with strategic sourcing and negotiating a variety of medical/clinical contracts (i.e. Med/Surg Supplies, Orthopedic Spine, Laboratory Supplies and Equipment, Physician Preference Items)
4. Knowledge of medical terminology, standard clinical and operating procedures and general finance in an acute care setting and strong Service Excellence acumen required
5. Ability to: perform objective supplier evaluations; assess contract compliance and product/service quality; resolve customer complaints regarding vendor performance; analyze and solve problems; compile information, prepare reports and present them to executive management and clinical decision:makers; communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; read, analyze, interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents;
6. Demonstrated knowledge and skill: project management; plan and manage organizational change leading teams, budget